Monday, January 13, 2014

REVIEW-CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION/KNURL-SPLIT CASSETTE

CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION/KNURL-SPLIT CASSETTE
DANVER STATE RECORDS-DSR49
HARSH NOIZE/HARSH NOIZE/HARSH NOIZE
COMES IN A PLASTIC CASE WITH FOLD OUT INSERT
CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION IS:
A.N.
KNURL IS:
ALAN BLOOR
SIDE A.)
CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION:
I.) DISSECTION OF THE MACHINE:
A giant mess of HARSH HARSH HARSH noize.
No mastering.No editing.No overdubs.This is
by far the LOUDEST thing I have heard ever put
to tape.My dogs officially HATE me and I'm sure
my neighbors are not too happy either.I am gonna
get evicted...Fuck all...Pure audio agony that
can be compared to bands like IMMACULTE: GROTESQUE
or MACRONYMPHA if they were injected with rabies and
turned on their fan bases.It sounds like a steam roller
on a warpath through crowded city streets.I can't turn
my speakers up past one without the windows shaking.I
did for a minute and all the shit on my dresser started
rattling like my fucking house was possessed.I wish I had
this album in highschool.The amount of people I would have
pissed off would have been staggering.A slow churning
mechanical monstrocity.Hissing red hot steam.Crumbling
distortion and sub-bass decrepitude as well as ear splitting
feedback.This aint your grandmas rock n roll kids.
Total deconstructed mayhem.A ravaging aural apocalypse.
I don't know what Andrew Grant over at Danver State Records
was thinking when he decided to release this.Hard to run a
label when you totally annihilate your customers.If I survive
this I hope to one day meet the man that created this and shake
his hand.The mysterious entity known as "A.N." is a modern day
mad scientist.The world needs villians.I'm just glad I'm on
their side.CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION is beyond a fitting
description.Welcome to armaggedon fuckers.
SIDE B.)
KNURL:
Note-(No Overdubs)
II.) NITROBELIUM:
Where CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION was more on the high end side
of things..KNURL is the opposite.Deep dark roaring sub-bass filth,
slight feedback and harsh metallic noize.Storm clouds of rolling
thunder and massive sub-bass booming.This is a very good choice
for a band to pair side A with as the contrast of sound and
composition complements the other and keeps things interesting.
Many other straight noize projects come across as boring and sound
more like a rushed afterthought than a work of art.Thankfully
this is not the case with this and pretty much every other record
Danver State releases.Mild industrial percussion fills in empty
spaces in the distance as hissing winds and sky shaking thunder
rolls on.Dense dark and murky.A fetid toxic swamp of noize.
III.) THYMOTACINE:
Dense industrial percussion pours in like another storm following
the first.Hurricane Knurl is a two faced monster comming to a
stereo near you.Hopefully your stereo.Wave after wave of pounding
metallic death obscured in a shroud of distortion and cloaked in
heavy static.Rusted cemetary gates swing in the wind inviting you
to come and dig your own grave as this monolithic noize drone winds
down to a slow crawl.You can almost feel the chewing of maggots
already.Rest in peace.
A BRILLIANT PAIRING OF NOIZEMONGERS THAT CHANCES ARE YOU HAVEN'T
HEARD YET.DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND ORDER A COPY.THESE FUCKERS ARE
LIMITED:
7/10
-ABATTOIR-

No comments:

Post a Comment